Vitebsk State Medical University
The Vitebsk State Medical University of Belarus was established over 86 years ago and is considered to be one of the country’s top universities. The university was founded in 1934 in Vitebsk and became a not-for-profit institution. In Belarus, this is the preferred option for MBBS students.
Since the university is 84 years old, it has established its own admission policies based on entrance examinations. A number of degree programs are available at this university, including pre-bachelor degrees, bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and doctorate degrees. Currently, the university has 5 faculties: the medical preventive faculty, the pharmaceutical faculty, the faculty for training foreign specialists, the faculty for updating specialists, and the faculty for pre-university training.
This university has highly qualified and highly trained faculty members. Many facilities are available to students at the university, including computers, the internet, a library, a student scientific research society, a student cafe, and a sports complex.
Intake for MBBS Course
Processing Time for MBBS Admission
45 - 60 days
10+2 with 60%
Yes, it is compulsory
Medium of Education
English & Belarusian
Country - 8
World - 4995
NMC and WHO
Accreditation and Recognition of Vitebsk State Medical University
MBBS degrees offered by Vitebsk State Medical University, Belarus are recognized by the following organizations:
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Australia Medical Council (AMC)
- Sri Lanka Medical Council (SLMC)
- Maldivian Medical and Dental Council (MMDC)
- Education CommissionForeign Medical Graduates of USA (ECFMG)
Presently, Vitebsk State Medical University, Belarus has 32 theoretical and clinical departments and it is well-known for training professional physicians for public health in Africa, Asia, East and Latin America.
Departments at Vitebsk State Medical University:
With more than 7000 students, Vitebsk State Medical University in Belarus now has seven faculties. Following is a list of the seven faculties:
- Faculty for Preparatory Training
- The faculty of general medicine.
- The Faculty of Pharmacy.
- The Faculty of Stomatology.
- The Faculty of Overseas Student Training provides training to overseas students.
- The Faculty of Advanced Training and Retraining of Staff.
- Peoples Faculty “Health Protection.
Intake for MBBS Admission in Vitebsk State Medical University
- Vitebsk State Medical University, Belarus, offers undergraduate and postgraduate admissions for MBBS courses beginning in July and continuing through August.
- However, it is important to submit your application before 30th July of every year since the visa application process may take two to three months.
- Minor errors were also the cause of visa denials.
There have been thousands of students trained in the university since then, both from Belarus and from other countries. Students who have graduated from the university are employed in good positions around the world. Students currently enrolled at the university are also very satisfied with the facilities available to them.
For foreign students, the university provides good quality hostels with modern amenities. As well as on campus, hostels can be found in the city outside of campus.
Why Study MBBS at Vitebsk State Medical University?
- As a top-ranked government university, Vitebsk State Medical University takes pride in its achievements.
- Fees are affordable and attractive.
- Since the university is an ECFMG-recognized institution, students can pursue postgraduate study in the USA.
- In Vitebsk state medical university clinics, there is a good flow of patients.
- Good quality of education is provided by a well-developed and qualified faculty.
- A variety of countries have collateral connections with Vitebsk University, which can create opportunities for learning and work abroad.
- This university charges low tuition fees for medical education.
- After completing their education, students may have better job prospects.
- There is a 100% chance that deserving candidates will obtain a visa.
- The medium of instruction for the MBBS program is English.
- A ratio of 10:1 between students and teachers is in accordance with European standards of education.
- This university does not require students to take an entrance examination such as IELTS or TOEFL in order to be admitted to its MBBS program.