Located in Southeast Asia in the Western Pacific Ocean, the Philippines are also known as the Republic of the Philippines. Manila, the capital, is known for its waterfront and centuries-old Chinatown. Since the Philippines was a colony of the USA for around 50 years, it follows the American educational system.
The Philippines is a founding member of the United Nations, the World Trade Organization, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation forum, and the East Asia Summit. ADB’s headquarters are also located in the country. The Philippines’ economy has transitioned from agriculture to one based on services and manufacturing. A founding member of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations), the Philippines is also a member of the United Nations.
The Philippines is a founding member of the United Nations and has been elected to the Security Council numerous times. Additionally, the country participates in peacekeeping missions and the Human Rights Council.
In recent years, MBBS in the Philippines has gained popularity among Indian medical students.
A Brief Look at MBBS in Philippines
The Philippines has 37 MCI/NMC-approved MBBS universities
Recognitions: ECFMG, FAIMER, WDOMS, MCI(NMC)
MBBS in the Philippines takes 6 years to complete
A student’s stay costs between INR 12,000 and 15,000 per month
Fees for MBBS in the Philippines: INR 15 lakhs to INR 25 lakhs
MBBS in the Philippines: Why You Should Consider It
- Fees that are affordable
- An easy way to live
- There are a good number of Indian students
- A state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Exposure to global issues
- Language learning in English
- Destinations with picturesque views
- Advantages of a career
- Locals are warm and friendly
Why Study MBBS in Philippines?
MBBS in Bangladesh: Key Features
Reasons to study MBBS in Bangladesh
- Degrees renowned around the world
In the Philippines, all medical universities are accredited by WDOMS, FAIMER, ECFMG, and Medical Councils of leading countries, such as the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, India, Canada, etc.
- Quality education is the focus
In terms of quality education, some of the medical universities in the Philippines are among the best in the world. Therefore, MBBS in the Philippines is a popular choice among international students.
- University resources
The Philippines’ medical universities are renowned for their outstanding infrastructure, technological advancements, and qualified lecturers, making them a popular choice for students around the globe.
- Living in Safety & Ease
For international students, the Philippines offers the best quality of life in the world and has the lowest crime rate.
- There are a good number of Indian students
There are more Indian students in the Philippines, which makes it more enjoyable.
- Learning enhanced by technology
There are some of the best teaching technologies in medical schools in the Philippines. Technology can help students stay on top of their education.
- Scope of the career
Students studying MBBS in the Philippines have many opportunities for growth and career advancement.
- The Philippines used to be under the US regime, so many of its educational practices are still the same. As a result, students can study the US-based curriculum for their MBBS in the Philippines.
- It’s the best option if you’re looking for an affordable option, both in terms of fees and living expenses.
- The Philippines is also a great place to study MBBS, especially for Indian students because it’s largely English-speaking, so it’s easy to adjust.
- MBBS graduates from Philippines medical colleges make up the highest number of FMGE passing rates because the Philippines has so many top MBBS colleges.
- In the Philippines, MBBS students get to diagnose patients practically. As a result, they gain confidence and develop essential professional skills.
Studying MBBS in the Philippines has many advantages for Indian students
- Donations are not required
- Living within your means
- A fee structure that is cost-effective
- Exposure and recognition on an international scale
- A simple admissions process
- There are no entrance fees or hidden costs
Who can apply for MBBS in the Philippines?
- Applicants who are 17 years old by the end of the year in which they receive admission.
- Students must have a minimum 50% mark in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from CBSE/ICSE or equivalent.
- Based on the latest MCI notice, candidates who have qualified for NEET
Course Structure for MBBS in Philippines
In the Philippines, the degree awarded for MBBS is often called the MD. In India, an MD (Doctor of Medicine) is the equivalent of an MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine).
Students learn medical theory, practicals, and clinical rotations during the course, giving them a better understanding of modern medicine. Degrees obtained after MBBS in the Philippines are well recognized internationally.
Students who study MBBS in the Philippines are taught the program in two parts, namely BS and MD. In this part of the program, you will develop the core and essential foundations of the medical sciences. The Philippines takes three years to complete a BS in MBBS.
During the second part of the MBBS program in the Philippines, called MD (Doctor of Medicine), students develop professional skills and learn through experiential methods.
Internationally, medical colleges in the Philippines have gained significant popularity due to their high level of practical sessions and experienced teaching staff. International students prefer the Philippines because of the infrastructure, curriculum, and atmosphere of its medical universities. In comparison with other countries, the cost of a full MBBS program in the Philippines is much more expensive. The Medical Council of India (MCI), National Medical Commission (NMC), and WDOMS all approve the universities in the Philippines for MBBS programs. nal students, English is the medium of instruction, which breaks down the major communication barriers for national students. According to calculations, students who have completed MBBS in the Philippines have a higher USMLE success rate.
Advantages of MBBS Education in Philippines
There are almost 8000 foreign students taking admission to Philippines Medical universities every year, out of which around 50% are Indian students. Philippines universities around the world offer a high standard of education. Every year, thousands of doctors from these medical universities are sent to countries like the USA and UK. There are around 2299 higher education institutions and 40 medical colleges in the country. MD degrees from Philippines universities offer the following benefits:
- WHO (World Health Organization) and MCI (Medical Council of India) list the medical universities of the Philippines. By doing so, students are eligible for leading international licensing exams such as the USMLE and MCI for clinical practice abroad.
- As English is the medium of instruction, international students can easily adapt and avoid the learning curve of another language.
- Many Philippines Medical Colleges do not charge a donation fee for the completion of the MBBS course. Based on the ranking of the medical college, tuition fees range from 15 to 25 lakhs Indian Rupees.
- International students can easily afford the expenses due to the low cost of living.
- Medical institutes allow students to diagnose patients practically, which increases their confidence and gives them more practical experience.