Bangladesh is a South Asian country located on the Bay of Bengal east of India. There are many waterways and lush greenery in the country. The Ganges (locally known as the Padma), the Brahmaputra (locally known as the Jamuna), and the Meghna flow through Bangladesh and form the fertile Bengal delta, which is the largest delta in the world. Bangladesh and India share the Sundarbans, an enormous mangrove forest located on the southern coast of Bangladesh and home to the Royal Bengal Tiger.
Bangladesh is divided into three regions based on its geography. The Ganges-Brahmaputra delta dominates most of the country. Madhupur and Barind plateaus form the northwest and central parts of the country. Evergreen hill ranges can be found in the northeast and southeast. This country has never experienced a temperature below 0°C. Most of Bangladesh’s rainfall comes from the monsoon season, which runs from June to October.
A Brief Look at MBBS in Bangladesh
Universities approved by NMC(MCI): 7
Recognition: MCI, ECFMG, USA, FAIMER’s IMED, ACGME, MCC, and WHO
5-year course duration
The average cost of a stay is between INR 24 lakhs and 30 lakhs
Bangladesh’s MBBS Attractions
- Education of high quality
- Learning that is affordable and advanced
- Universities with a global reputation
- An excellent MCI/NMC result
- Clinical Rotation Training
- Cultural and food practices that are similar
Bangladesh is becoming a popular destination for students from countries such as India, Nepal, etc to obtain their MBBS degrees. An increasing number of international students apply to top medical universities in Bangladesh each year. Compared to other medical colleges around the world, the cost of living and education here is quite affordable. MBBS degrees in Bangladesh typically cost between 24 lakhs and 30 lakhs.
Medical universities in Bangladesh are recognized and approved by MCI – Medical Council of India; ECFMG – Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA; FAIMER’s IMED – Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory; ACGME – Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education; MCC – Medical Council of Canada; and WHO – World Health Organization. By passing this examination, graduates of Bangladeshi medical universities are eligible to take major tests such as the USMLE, PLAB, and the screening examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations, India, under the observation of the Medical Council of India (MCI) and in practice in all countries around the world. A high level of infrastructure and quality of education is provided. High-quality accommodation is provided to students at a much lower cost.
Why Study MBBS In Bangladesh?
MBBS in Bangladesh: Key Features
Reasons to study MBBS in Bangladesh
- Accredited, affiliated, and recognized universities around the world
- Transactions are conducted in English
- Quality living at a low cost
- Infrastructure and hostel facilities of a standard
- A goal-oriented approach to learning
- There is an abundance of Indian food available
- The culture and traditions of India are closely intertwined
- Medical Screening Test of India (FMGE) with a highest passing rate
- The majority of universities have their own hospitals where students practice
In terms of education, Bangladesh has made significant progress. Increasingly, this country is becoming a preferred destination for medical students looking to obtain an MBBS degree abroad. International students should consider getting an MBBS degree from Bangladesh for the following reasons:
- Education in the country is of a very high standard and is comparable to that of other developed countries.
- Bangladesh offers an affordable MBBS program compared to other countries around the world.
- Graduates of Bangladesh’s medical universities have the opportunity to attend a variety of international seminars and conferences. As a result, they are able to develop into successful physicians.
- Top Medical Universities in Bangladesh offer world-class education with high-quality standards and well-experienced faculty members.
- MCI recognizes MBBS degrees and other medical degrees obtained from Bangladeshi medical universities. Students from India are able to return home and work there.
- With high-quality standards and facilities, the accommodation is very affordable.
Bangladesh MBBS benefits
- There is no entrance test required for admission, which simplifies the admission process.
- Admission to a Bangladesh medical college does not require a donation.
- Medical students in Bangladesh have the opportunity to complete internships in some of the world’s most prestigious multinational companies and hospitals.
- Practicals and experiments are provided to students in order to improve their skills.
- Infrastructure, education, and accommodation are comparable to those of other developed countries.
- There is a great deal of infrastructure and technology in the hospitals.