Petrozavodsk State University , Russia
The Petrozavodsk State Medical University is one of the largest universities in northern Europe and has trained more than 60,000 students so far.
To ensure a consistent scientific evolution, the university has successfully combined classical education and fundamental science with innovative techniques. Many eminent politicians and poets have attended Petrozavodsk State Medical University. According to different rankings, the university was ranked 2nd among the 100 best universities in Russia according to the GreenMetric World University Ranking.
10th June 1940.
Academic Year Begins
MCI, UNESCO, Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
Total Number of Students
The Language of Instruction
Number of Academic Staff
one of the largest libraries in the European North of Russia with over 1,179,042 books.
Average Annual Temperature is +2.6 °C; Average Rainfall is 55mm.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Duration of Course
The Form of Studies
Exclusively via MBBS DIRECT only.
QS(EECA): 151 – 200
QS (BRICS): 151 – 200
QS WEBOMETRIC: 2100- 2300
No. 1 in BALTIC Zone
No. 10 in Country under Health medical.
& Welfare – Medicine Rankings.
No. 15 in the country Under University Ranking.
This university consists of 12 faculties, 89 departments, 8 educational institutes, 84 laboratories, and 27 innovative departments.
More than 600 teachers and professors make up the university’s famous and efficient teaching staff, including 529 candidates for sciences and associate professors, 139 doctors of science, and 90 professors.
Through student and teacher exchange programs, the university has been able to establish active international relations with several countries in recent years, including the USA, Europe, China, and many others.
A neat and clean room is available at the Petrozavodsk state medical university hostel. Five hostel buildings are well furnished at the college. It offers a library, internet access, a health care centre, a sports centre, and a beautiful garden. As part of the university hostel, a well-sanitised cafeteria is available.
WHY STUDY MBBS IN PETRSU?
- PetrSU has trained more than 70,000 highly qualified specialists.
- Flights are easily accessible
- Several hospitals are within walking distance.
- More than 20 foreign universities offer academic exchange programs.
- On the campus of the university, dozens of scientific conferences and seminars are held every year.
- A short distance from St. Petersburg, one of the most important cities in Russia.
- A budget-friendly option.
- It is an 80-year-old university.
- Located near the Finland border.
- Currently has 11 simulation centres.
- The largest anatomy lab in Russia.
- A ratio of 1:16 between faculty and students
- There is an exceptional availability of cadavers
- Over 92 countries have signed an agreement with the organisation.
- The medium of instruction is English for 6 years
- A botanical garden, a swimming pool, and 16 modern educational buildings are all part of the university’s campus.
- There are more than 1,179,042 books in this library, which is the largest library in northern European Russia.