Kazan Federal University
The Kazan Federal University was established in 1804. In Russia, it ranks as the second oldest medical university. Since its establishment 213 years ago, this university has clearly carved a niche in the world of medical universities, and it is therefore included in the top ten medical colleges worldwide. It has been regarded as a bridge between the East and the West due to its diverse culture, as well as the presence of first world ideas. A federal status was granted to the University in 2010. In the Academic Excellence project hosted in Russia, Kazan Federal University was named one of the top 15 universities.
As of today, there are over 3,200 faculty members employed by the University and about 47,000 students enrolled. The University has 17 institutes located in Russia, including two faculties, three higher-secondary schools, and four departments for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
10th June 1940.
Academic Year Begins
MCI, UNESCO, Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
Total Number of Students
The Language of Instruction
Number of Academic Staff
one of the largest libraries in the European North of Russia with over 1,179,042 books.
Average Annual Temperature is +2.6 °C; Average Rainfall is 55mm.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Duration of Course
The Form of Studies
Exclusively via MBBS DIRECT only.
QS(EECA): 151 – 200
QS (BRICS): 151 – 200
QS WEBOMETRIC: 2100- 2300
No. 1 in BALTIC Zone
No. 10 in Country under Health medical.
& Welfare – Medicine Rankings.
No. 15 in the country Under University Ranking.
KFU's Academic Profile :
Since its founding, 44,350 students have graduated from this institution. The majority of these students are international students from more than 90 countries, with 4,252 students coming from abroad. Thus, there are 3,000 faculty members at the university. Among the 590 degree programs offered, 17 are double-degree programs in partnership with partner universities. 157 professors from world-renowned universities and research centres have been invited by the University faculty. In Yelabuga and NaberezhnteChelny, there are 13 institutes, 3 higher schools, 1 faculty, as well as two regional branches.
- Institute of Fundamental Medicine and Biology (IFMB).
- An institute of environmental sciences.
- Institute for Geology and Petroleum Technologies.
- Chemistry Institute Alexander Butlerov.
- An academic unit dedicated to physical education and sports.
Duration of MBBS in Kazan Federal University
The duration of undergraduate programs, particularly MBBS in Russia, is six years, including one year of apprenticeship and five years of classroom learning. All Russian medical universities offer the same duration of the MBBS program. As a student, you will have the opportunity to work for a Russian medical university for a period of six years, which is an excellent opportunity to gain real-world experience.
Intake for Kazan Federal University:
According to statistics, Kazan Federal University ranks among the top medical universities in Russia on the basis of quality education, practical knowledge, low cost, multi-diversity, etc. Therefore, the University is experiencing international students from Nepal, the UAE, Africa, Pakistan, etc. Currently, there are only a limited number of seats available for the September intake at the university.
Benefits for Indian Students who wish to pursue an MBBS from Russia :
- A Russian medical college charges the lowest course fees in comparison to other countries. It is also very affordable to live in Russia.
- Students from abroad have access to top-quality infrastructure at Russian universities. In Russia, all medical campuses are well organised and equipped with high-tech equipment that would facilitate a student’s learning and practice process. Both national and international students will find the dormitories to be extremely comfortable and well-equipped.
- A variety of scholarship opportunities are available at universities in Russia to deserving candidates, including international students based on their skill set. Low-income students are able to pursue their dreams of becoming doctors through these scholarships by waiving their tuition fee depending on the semester.
- There are 26 cultural sites in Russia, and its rich heritage has been recognized by UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation). It is essential that international students travel throughout Russia in order to gain exposure to the local culture.
Hostel Accomodation at Kazan Federal University :
There is no doubt that Kazan Federal University is the largest educational institution in Russia, and it has a student accommodation facility which is large enough to accommodate the majority of its students. There are 26 dormitories at the University, and students are able to choose one of them. Also, students have the option of living either on campus or off campus. It is very comfortable and well equipped with all of the modern day necessities to allow students to live a hassle-free life. Approximately 12000 people can live in the Village dormitories. As part of the entire facility, there is a chemist shop, laundry, salon, café, and sports complex. Due to the limited number of spaces, applicants are requested to apply in advance. Applications are handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
WHY KAZAN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY ?
- Safe and high-quality urban environment.
- There have been many years of interfaith consent.
- Providers of advanced public health services.
- A world-class infrastructure is available.
- According to the quality of life index, it ranks fourth in Russia.
- According to the quality of education in Kazan, it ranks ninth in Russia.
- The city will also host the 2018 FIFA World Cup.